Saturday, November 8, 2008

Better late than never :)

I know...I'm a little bit late this week, and I don't have much in the way of pictures, but I do have a short video I took of L this morning so...hopefully that will satisfy all of your cravings for a little while!

This week was crazy...of course there is always drama going on in my life...most of it centering around Lorelai now! This week was all about feeding her....she weened herself this week, and what an experience that was! I've been going back and forth between breast and formula feeding her, couldn't quite make up my mind what I wanted to do so I've been doing a mix for about the last month. And also, I went back onto BC this month because, well I really don't have a desire to pregnant again within the next year! And my Dr. told me that it could potentially dry me up, but that was a risk I was willing to take, partially because I was still leaning towards formula feeding anyway.

Well earlier this week L just stopped eating from the breast. I tried for a day and a half to get her to eat but she kept refusing, so I would give her bottles and she wolfed those down. So then I decided to pump and go that way, and did that for a day but I wasn't able to pump enough for a full feeding and was having to mix formula in with the breast milk so, by Wednesday night, I had decided, well I guess now is the time. So she's had nothing but formula since Wednesday night, and let me tell you, it's been one heck of a week end! She was fussy most of the day on Thursday, didn't sleep a wink Thursday night, which is abnormal for her, and then yesterday was pretty much constant crying. Of course I was in pain from weening and cranky from lack of sleep, so we've both been pretty miserable until today. Thank goodness Erick has had three days off at the end of this week, so even though I'm sure at moments he wished he could have been at work, he was a big help to me during this transition over to formula. She slept great last night though, so I was able to get a little shut eye, and today has been pretty much back to normal for her so far so...lol hopefully we've made it through the worst of it!

Needless today, with all of that I didn't get pictures for her 8th week of life. But I took a video today so hopefully this can tied y'all over for a while. I'm gonna try to get out Halloween pics up soon so that you guys can see how cute we were!

Until later!
Jen

1 thoughts:

Undaunted said...

I am sorry you have been sore and sleep deprined. It isn't the easiest thing, but I am glad that things seem to be getting back to normal. Drying up is not fun. But atleast it won't last too long. :P Love ya, Stacie