Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Tuesday and then some...

Top Ten {Tuesday}

Alright! This week's top 10 is: Ten things I'm excited to do on leave this weekend!!

1) Spend HOURS in the car driving to our destination. No really...I AM excited about this. :) My mom always said that she loved long drives with my dad because it was the most concentrated time they got together...to talk, enjoy music together, just be in each others presence... and I couldn't agree more!
2) Be endlessly quizzed by the Hubs about songs and bands on the radio. My husband is a POP CULTURE JUNKIE!! Movies, music, books, it doesn't matter what it is, he is the best source of useless knowledge on the planet. And since we've been married, it's been his habit to quiz me on what I know about music when we're in the car. And honestly, there is nothing more satisfying then answering a question correctly that he didn't expect me to!
3) Seeing the Hubs proudly showing off our beautiful children to all his friends and family. Most of the people we will be seeing are my husbands friends and extended family. He's such a proud Daddy, it really is a pleasure for me to see how proud he is of the children we created together.
4) A Lime Ricky. Never had one, but the Hubs used to get one every year at the Clam festival when he was a kid. It'll be something fun to share. :)
5) Riding the Ferris wheel. Actually, I'm terrified of heights. But I enjoy being stranded high in the air with the Hubs holding me tight, snickering at how foolish I am. Pshhh, I know he enjoys it just as much as I do!
6) Waking up next to the Hubs for 6 consecutive days. It's the little things in life. :) Even in port he's got duty every 3 to 4 days, so I go to bed/wake up alone 2 or 3 times a week anyway.
7) Not having to worry about house work.
8) Actually feeling like a civilian for a couple of days. Even though technically I AM a civilian, as it's my husband who is in the Navy, there is very little of my life that isn't touched in some way by the military...
9) Being away from our military town for a couple of days. This goes hand in hand with # 8.
10) Having another set of hands to help with the kids for a couple of days. I LOVE my children, but...they're a lot of work. I'm SUPER looking forward to having someone there to fix Pollyanna's lunch while I feed Piglet, instead of having to let one or the other cry for a few minutes while I get their sibling set!

I know I know...mostly things about the Hubs. Really I'm just feeling the need to enjoy every minute I have with him this week, because it's not too much longer and we'll be thousands of miles away from each other, relying on spotty e-mails and infrequent internet access to stay connected to each other. So needless to say, I think it's gonna be silent around these parts for a few days, but I'll be back next week to give you the high lights....and maybe even have a few pictures if I'm on the ball!

Also...I really just wanted to thank everyone who commented on my last post, I appreciate you reading, and for those of you who don't comment...I appreciate you reading as well! Don't be shy forever though, I love hearing from all y'all!

And on another side note...I hit 20 followers yesterday and I'm stoked :) ( thank you Mis-Adventures!) Small I know...but even a little accomplishment needs to be celebrated! I'm thinking of perhaps holding a give-away to show my appreciation to all my readers when I hit 25 followers. Or perhaps 50....think I should hold out until I hit 50?? What would you do?

until next time,

3 thoughts:

Undaunted said...

Have fun.

Sespi said...

I'm going to look up what a Lime Ricky is now. I hope you have a great time on leave!

Unknown said...

I agree with your #6! Of all the things I dislike about duty days that tops the list:)