Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I think I'm Bi-polar... :)

It occurred to me today that the new direction that I have decided to take this blog is going to make me look very...bi-polar. :) You'll always be able to tell the duration of my hubby's in-port and underway periods...most likely the in-port posts will be shorter, fewer in frequency, and much more upbeat. Sad that I can already see the trend in myself...

My husband told me he was pretty sure most of the boat probably thought he was bi-polar now, also. :) He said it took nothing to set him off on his last underway, that one minute he would be his usual upbeat self and two seconds later he's be screaming at you about something. I have to say it did bring a little smile to my face for him to tell me this. It really is nice to know that he has as much of a problem being away as I have. Men are so much better at managing ( or hiding perhaps) their true feelings.

Anyway...this last weekend was Sub Ball and we had a great time. It was nice to get dressed up and go to a fancy dinner. Met a lot of people Erick works with, its nice to put faces with names now! We didn't do much dancing...just two slow dances...one, because they didn't start the dancing until like 10 pm, and two, 2 dances was all my hips could take!

Anyway...we didn't take that many pictures...just a few before we went. I brought the camera with me, but I felt a little silly taking pictures during it and looking like a flipping tourist so :) Here's the best of what was taken:

This bottom picture is of us and the Kaze's. We go to church with them and they are our closest friends here. We really feel blessed to have them out here sharing this Navy experience with us!

until next time,
Jen

3 thoughts:

Meggan said...

you look a little special holding your dress above your belly in all the pics...lol. and yes...i could have told you you were bi-polar;)

Undaunted said...

We are all bi-polar, so don't worry so much. Looks like it was a fun time. :)

Katrina said...

glad you had a nice time and your doing well. it was fun i am sure. Love ya lots and hope all is going well this week.